Thursday, September 7, 2023

Hasta Vernos Con Él Rey. Week 5 (Technically 6)

 Wed 9/6/2023 3:29 PM


Hello, my fellow children of God!

That's right, Pday is on Wednesday today. Hope everyone's been doing well! 
So, last Friday, we got our flight info. So, we're leaving next Thursday, and it's a nonstop 9-hour flight from La Ciudad de México to Buenos Aires. Aaaand after that, it's most likely an 8-hour bus ride to Bahía Blanca. I'm going to love it soooooo much. I am excited to finally get out there, even though it's going to be pretty flipping tough trying to get used to the accent and how quickly people speak. We'll be fine though, it'll be fine. Just have to trust in the Lord and feel the Spirit. As well as various other things, but whatever, we got it. 
Ummm, Español is still going well. The Spanish Help Desk is a lifesaver in that regard. I'm also almost finished with the second Saints book. I've really been loving those so far. I'm still loving the Book of Mormon, almost through Mosiah at this point. Can't wait for Alma. 
Yeah, nothing really happened this week. Finally played some volleyball during gym time, that was fun. OHOH there's this elder from North Ireland, and he's super cool, not in my district or anything, but I've met him a few times. If any of you know me even a little bit, you have most likely heard my Irish accent that I am stupidly proud of, BUT ANYWAYS, while I was waiting to play volleyball, I said something to him in my impression of his accent and crossed my fingers that I wouldn't get beat up for cultural appropriation. Luckily, all that happened was him telling me that my accent is the best he'd heard from a non-native. I felt pretty cool after that. Now I just have to learn some Gaelic. They definitely all speak that in Ireland, right?
We just left the temple, some of us for the last time in a couple of years. Hopefully us Bahía dudes get to work in the open house or something near the end of our missions. Got to do Parent-Child sealing for the first time. Purrrrrrty cool stuff. 
Welp, that's pretty much it! I don't know when my next email will be, but whenever it is, it'll come from Argentina. 
Love you all!
Élder Montgomery


(No pictures this week, but I did steal one off of Facebook, plus took more screenshots when we talked and also of his flight info for his trip to Argentina next week!)






Next time we hear from him, he'll be in Argentina! He flies there at 10am on Thursday the 14th. So exciting!!


No comments:

Post a Comment