Tuesday, October 3, 2023

Food n stuffs

 I got my own email from my boy this week and he’s just the cutest. And we talked to him for nearly 3 hours! He also called Bobby and Jooj for a bit to see how they and their brand new baby boy, Maverick, are doing. Technology is such a blessing!

Mon 10/2/2023   6:43am

Hello, Dearest Mother of Mine Whom I Love, Adore, and Respect Very Much.

I figured this would be easier to email you about so you could have it on hand lol. 
So, I really appreciate the big family cookbook, and it turns out that I could actually make a lot of things in it, especially if the main ingredient is meat or pasta or something. Pretty lit. But anyways, here's a list of things that Elder Bain and I have found to be on the pricey side down here or just dont exist at all:
Beans. I cri.
Chocolate Chips 
Maple Syrup.
Most any 'mix,' i.e. gravy, brownie, etc.
Iffy on Heavy Whipping Cream
There's also some pretty different spices than what I'm used to, but that's not really a problem. 

But um yeah, that's those. I also had some things to ask/ask for:
Cream of tartar necessary for snickerdoodles?
Pancake mix necessary for French Toast?
Mashed Potatoes good without Whipping Cream? 
Spaghett recipe?
Haystack recipe?
Macncheese recipe?
Potatoes and kielbasa?

I have no idea if cream of chicken exists down here, but haystacks would be nice to have at some point. 
Honestly, the hardest thing to do out here is vegetable stuff. Like, anything that's not like onions or bell peppers is like super expensive OR ISNT OUT HERE EITHER. Like, no broccoli, no green beans, nada. At least they have frozen peas. I think. 
Anyways, I love you, mama, thanks for always being there to support me. You and Emma are like the only people who've emailed me for the last couple weeks, and your updates make me so happy every time I read them. Soyeah, love you, hope you're having a great fall. I'm definitely not jealous or anything. Why would you think that. 
Love you, miss you, all the feels,
Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment