Tuesday, October 3, 2023

THINK CELESTIAL (Week 8)

Mon  10/2/2023  9:49am 


As my favorite Spiderman once said, 'Hey everyone!' 

Welp, lots of teaching this week, nothing super interesting, but I've been loving it. No baptisms yet, but we are getting close. There's a lady that Elder Bain and I have been talking to that is totally ready to be baptized, but she doesn't think she's ready yet. Sad, but we'll be here for her once she's ready. Hopefully this month. Because we would like a baptism every month. Anyways, teaching people is so cool, I love being able to talk about the Restoration and the Atonement all the time. AND PEOPLE ACTUALLY UNDERSTAND ME. Consider me Latino baybeeee. Jk, I still have a ton more to learn, but I'm on the right path. 
Officially been on the mission for two months now! I can do this eleven more times. E. Z. Also, Happy October! Hope you all are having a great fall and spooky season. I am having neither, as it is spring, and Argentina does nothing doe Halloween. Fun. 
Yup, General Conference happened. It was pretty cool, watching it entirely in Español. I could understand when I was paying attention, so I can recall a handful of talks, but not too many. We were able to watch the Saturday Afternoon session with a family we've been teaching which was awesome. They asked some great questions about how the church is structured.
My favorite talk was definitely President Nelson's. The whole 'Think Celestial' thing is an awesome way to think, and it helps a ton on the mission. Can't wait to actually listen to the rest of them once they're on gospel library lol. 
Speaking of which, I've been listening to the April 2004 general conference, which is amazing btw. A lot of great advice on how we can live without fear and have happy families in this world that is heading in a bad direction. I specifically liked Elder Packer's talk from this one. And you should go read it. 
Welp, that's kinda it this week. I'm still feeling great, feeling the Spirit, loving the people, having a great time. Only way this could be better now is if I was fluent in Español, but we'll get there. 
Til next week!
Elder Montgomery

No comments:

Post a Comment