Monday, February 12, 2024

The Elegido (Week 28)

Monday, February 12, 2024   8:09pm


Well howdy there friends! Hope yalls week has gone well! 


I'll be honest, there wasn't a lot that happened this week, but we did have a lot of cool experiences with our amigo Marcelo, who has a baptismal date! I really do love talking about him, he's such an awesome dude, very 'elegido,' or 'elect' in English. He's had something awesome to tell or show us every time we pass by, and he's always so happy and excited to learn more about the gospel. 

Anyways, last time we passed by, we taught him about commandments, which went over really well and he actually brought up some awesome points about Lehi's Dream that I hadn't thought of before (details later), but after we were kind of finishing the lesson, asking if he had any questions and the like. He doesn't have any, but he does tell us that he used to have terrible dreams for the majority of his life, like dreams that felt like evil presences and such, and that he had had a hard time sleeping for as long as he can remember, but ever since the first time he'd met with the missionaries, he's slept fine every single night. He says that at first, he thought it was because he stopped drinking and smoking, but he said that he's noticed a presence of light and holiness in his life protecting him. 

It's always incredible to see how well Marcelo recognizes the Spirit like that. Every time we've taught a lesson, he's known the message to be true. We even taught him about tithing, which is usually where we can lose people, but Marcelo had no doubts and no reservations, he was ready right then and there to become a member. He's an incredible example of faith and trust for all of us, and I really honestly admire him for it. 

Anyways, the cool thought I had about Lehi's Dream. Marcelo has been reading in Come, Follow Me, and in the week about Lehi's Dream, it showed a painting of the vision. Marcelo pointed out that in the picture, the doesn't look very wide, or like it didn't have a lot of water. And I had this thought, that that's how Satan want us to see it, that sin isn't that bad, that there's nothing there, but unknown to us, the depths of it are immense. Luckily, the straight and narrow path is right next to the river, we can get out and get back on the path easily. It was just a really cool thought I had that didn't leave my head, so I wanted to share it I guess lol. 

Well, I suppose that's all this week really! I love yall a lot, hopefully I've got some cool stuff to talk about next week! 

Tchau!
Elder

New Hermanas asked us who we looked like and these were who we agreed on

He's Hades, I'm Zeus. I did these in like two minutes


Love how quick and easy pasta is. Also pear flavor is $$$





(We played with an AI photo generator while watching the Super Bowl last night and these were some of the ones it made of Matt.)





No comments:

Post a Comment