Tuesday, May 21, 2024

Cya Pampa; Hola Monte! (Week 42)

Monday, May 20, 2024   2:14pm 

Wassup yall, me again, your favorite missionary from Wake Forest, North Carolina, back at it again here in the land of mate and empanadas. 

Sooooo we did have some transfers, and I finally left the Zone of Santa Rosa! I'll miss it, yes, but I am very glad to be seeing something other than just farmland all the time haha. So now, I'm in the Villa Mitre Zone, which has basically the northern half of Bahía Blanca and some of the smaller cities near there. My area is called Monte Hermoso, and let me tell you, it lives uo to the name. Monte is a coastal city, and I mean really costal. We literally live five blocks away from the Atlantic Ocean, yall, it's nuts. It also has a lot of hills and beautiful forests, so you never really get bored of the scenery here. 

The last couple days have been pretty interesting as well, as I haven't spoken a word of English the whole time. Why, you ask? My awesome comp, Elder Bardales, is from Rosario, here in Argentina! He's an absolute stud, he's also great at getting out in the streets and talking with everyone, which is super helpful lol. He goes home at the end of this transfer, so he's got a lot of great experience and I've already learned a lot from him. 

I haven't been able to meet a lot of people here yet, but the members and friends I have met are really nice and super fun. A friend we passed by last night also let me know that I sound very close to having an Argentine accent, which I think is the biggest compliment I've received language wise right now lol. I'm really excited to get to know everyone here though, I'm gonna have to take over one Elder Bardales leaves here in a month, which means I've gotta get accustomed pretty fast, but no problem, I've done this twice already, I'm basically a pro, right? 

Well, other than that, not a lot this week! Traveling here was fun, although it took almost 24 hours to get here, haha. I got to see quite a few missionaries that I hadn't seen in a while, which was nice, always good to connect with the other Elders. 
Never know what a transfer has in store, but I'm excited to find out! Wish me luck yall, thanks so much for all you thoughts, words, and prayers! You help me more than you know! 

Much love!
Elder Monte


Zone Conference goes crazy

La cena final de Pehua

Colectivo rides take a while 

Thanks Elder Norton

This place is awesome 

Monte Hermoso, Zona de Villa Mitre

Y TENEMOS PLAYA BAYBEEEEE

Bro amo la playa

Con Elder Bardales!!

Guau el mar

Dinner with Hna Ester (She 'made green beans to welcome the American Elder' lol)


No comments:

Post a Comment