Monday, May 27, 2024

Si, Hablo Ingles...Creo (Week 43)

Monday, May 27, 2024   5:43pm


Sup yall, that's right, another week already, how wild. Hope all my people up north are enjoying some warm weather, cuz I'm freezing down here and it's not even winter. Yeyyy. 


Anyways, this week was pretty cool. First off, we had a pretty cool experience with a friend we have named Willy a few nights ago. For a bit of context, Willy has been taking the lessons from the missionaries for a while now, almost two years now if I recall correctly. He takes all the lessons really well, has been to church a good amount of times, and asks some good questions about the gospel. When Elder Bardales got here, he had invited Willy to be baptized, but he said that it wasn't something he wanted to do. So, of course, it was exactly what I felt like I should do when we had a lesson with him. So yeah, we taught about baptism and the church's authority, and then I invited him to be baptized, the first time that have done that, might I add. I couldn't get a specific date set with him, but he did say that he wanted to pray about it and work towards it as well. We're just really impressed at the progress he's made in like four months, from not caring about baptism to know being willing to work towards it. I'm excited to see what work I can do with him in the future. 

I was also able to teach my first English class this last week, and that was quite the experience. The only people that showed up were a 7 year old named Albertina and her mom, so we went ahead and learned about something easy; animal names. Well, not so easy when all she wants to learn are marine animals, a topic which you have no vocabulary for. Fun fact, a whale in Spanish is un ballena, who new?! It still turned out well, and we were somehow able to keep a 7 year old entertained with English for an hour, a feat I didn't know was possible. 

So a little thing about Monte, there are a lot of incomplete families here, so a lot of work we're doing at the moment is visiting them and helping them all progress together. We also should be able to get a lot of references pretty soon, there's a lot of members that have promised to introduce us to their friends and such, so the work should take off here soon. Remember yall, work with the members, they lead to the best success. 

Welp, outside of that, this week was pretty chill! I hope you all were able to enjoy yours as well. Make sure you're looking for miracles every day, really helps you keep a good perspective and attitude in every situation.
Love you all, hasta luego! 
Elder Montgomery

☆Consejo de Grupo☆





The tide was a bit high this afternoon 

Hace un poquito de frío che 

AAAAA AGUS Y JENI SE BAUTIZARON!!!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment